Intro to Architecture: High School Prep Course
This 6-week Introductory Prep Course is designed to introduce high school students to the college design & architecture program atmosphere and the Profession of Architecture. Students will be given exposure to a lecture/studio course atmosphere, as well as how to use common tools and how to create an effective college entrance portfolio.
- Learn what it means to see and think architecturally.
- Develop design, drawing, and model-building skills.
- Work through challenging design problems.
- Learn about portfolio building basics and the components needed to assemble a portfolio for college admission or internship. At the end of this course students will have completed work that can be included in their portfolio.
- Experience building relationships in the architecture studio.
- Earn a certificate of completion from the American Institute of Architects- Central New York to include with your college application.
July 7, 2016 - August 18, 2016
Monday & Thursday Evenings 5:30pm - 8:00pm
Location: AIACNY Resource Center
Download our Summer 2016 Course Syllabus here.
High School students who are interested in participating please fill out an application here.
Application Deadline is Wednesday, June 15th.
Please submit all required documents to Sarah Testa @ firstname.lastname@example.org or at the
AIACNY Resource Center @ 109 S. Warren St. Store #11 Syracuse, New York 13202
All materials used within our program may be purchased at The Art Store: Commercial Art Supply and participating students receive a 20% discount!
If you have any questions or need additional information please contact:
Anthony E. Rojas, Assoc. AIA
Director of Education